Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting the New Year with an open mind

Happy New Year, everybody!  I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday watching lots of football or whatever it may be that you're doing.  We're enjoying the wonderful weather here in Ft. Myers Beach with the family and I couldn't ask for a better way to celebrate.  This won't be a long post today but, more just a thought people could consider for the new year.  

These days, there are so many people that are trained into thinking a certain way and that's the only way they know how to think.  Whether it's something you heard from a friend or read it online, you choose to believe it or not.  What I'm trying to get at is, I feel people need to come with more of an open mind these days.  Once they've heard something that they feel may be true they stick with it, most of the time, not even doing their own research into that topic.  There are certain topics I am talking about and don't get me wrong, there are many, many more controversial topics but, the ones I feel very strongly on and notice a huge uproar are, vaccinations, tanning beds and the sun, cancers and diseases.  I mean we could get into why Michigan State is better than Michigan but, I'd rather keep those debates out of this article! :) I guess I'm more concerned on health issues more than anything.  Yes, I will admit I am pro tanning and pro unvaccinated children but, what I'm getting at is that I still listen to what others have to say when they have an opposite opinion of me. If they have valid points and not just creating some stupid argument, then I am more than willing to listen.  I hope this year, more people can try and accept the challenge of keeping an open mind because, when it comes to these topics, I feel it could save someone's life.  People tend to be so set in there ways and people try to help or give their opinion but, the individual could care less and then by the time they decide to listen, it's almost too late.  We are all guilty of it, shoulda, woulda, coulda... This is something I even plan to improve on and I hope you all can do the same!  It seems like such a simple task but, believe me, it really is a challenge!  

Let's take 2013 and make the best of it!  Have a good day, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment